The Evolving State of Data Management in Oil & Gas
In the asset-heavy industry of Oil & Gas, leveraging data and undergoing a digital transformation is top-of-mind for many producers. As companies seek to keep valuations high by maximizing production and operating as efficiently as possible, a strong data backbone will become essential to success.
How can E&P companies improve data management to stay competitive and improve daily operations in the field?
Pam Koscinski from the Professional Petroleum Data Management Association (PPDM) shares ideas on data management with OspreyData CTO Ron Frohock. They discuss the development and adoption of data management best practices that meet the complex & specific needs of Oil & Gas. Pam brings an immense wealth of knowledge of Data Management from her extensive experience at PPDM, Chesapeake Energy and IHS Markit.
- How to prepare industry data for adoption
- The components of a strong data ecosystem
- 6 common data challenges companies face
- How to identify an asset with clear standards
- The value of a universal Oil and Gas data model